Wednesday, August 09, 2006



Garden Girls











I visited Anderson Gardens this week with Annika and Marta. It was such a beautiful day, I had to do something outside, so I grabbed my camera and off we went.

Anderson Gardens is a wonderful place to take pictures, but when you are trying to photograph a very busy one year old and a curious three year old, it is not a simple task. Marta was walking around, scooting up and down steps and trying to climb into every little body
of water that we saw. Annika spent most of the time drawing in the dirt and pebbles on the path. She was fascinated with all the rocks and threw them into the pond to make circles. We did enjoy seeing the waterfall and the fish in the pond, and I was able to get a few decent pictures, although getting a good one of the two of them together was just not happening. Every time I said, "Annika, come and sit by Marta so I can take your picture, " Annika would sweetly reply, "No thanks, Melody. I'm drawing a picture of a girl."

I think my favorite part of the day was when we were looking at the tall statue right when you are heading into the gardens. I have a picture of Annika looking up at it
.


"Annika, " I said, "look at the big statue."

Annika looked up and with a very serious look on her face replied in awe, "That's God."





No comments: