Friday, December 15, 2006

"Bethalow"

I know. It's not a word. Not really...it's kind of a place......Let me enlighten you......

Last week Barb and I took Nils to school. On the hour long drive, we were listening to Christmas music....and Barb was singing along. She tends to do that. There was a song called, "Take a Walk through Bethlehem." It's a nice little song, basically saying that we should remember what Christmas is about and not get too caught up in the secular hoopla. Anyway, Barb was singing along...o.k., so was I......We sang the line, "take a walk through Bethlehem", and Nils said, " And hold Melody's hand."

Barb and I laughed and laughed. Nils knows that if we take a walk, he has to hold my hand. He's very smart. So the rest of the day we added that line to the song.

Yesterday I decided to take Nils and Annika for a walk since the temperature was fairly mild. I asked Nils if he wanted to go for a walk. Of course, he responded positively and enthusiastically. You can always count on Nils for enthusiasm!

"Take a walk," he said. "Take a walk to Bethalow."

Well, we didn't walk to "Bethalow"- we just went down the street, but I laughed (and sang) most of the way!

No comments: