Wednesday, August 22, 2007



My Best Friend's Wedding


Well, I'm finally posting about the big event. It's been 3 weeks since I was in Oklahoma going crazy! It was a
busy, busy time, but I'm glad I could be there to help Barb with final details for the wedding. Everything turned out beautiful- so beautiful that I cried and cried. What can I say? At the risk of sounding like a cheesy greeting card- I watched my best friend in the world walk down that aisle and marry the guy in the army uniform, and I was happy and sad at the same time. And after the ceremony was over and I followed the bride and groom out of the sanctuary on the arm of the best man, I cried even harder! I was a serious wreck. I think part of my problem was that I was really tired, but I think I looked rather pathetic! Anyway, despite the fact that I had to come home and recuperate, I had a great time in Oklahoma- it was a very memorable week. And I am truly happy for Barb and Paul.

3 comments:

The Harrisons said...

ha ha - you are so funny :) What a good friend :-) Hope you are feeling better!

Robin Hayes said...

What a nice tribute to Barb. Such a beautiful picture too!

MommaHarms said...

She looked lovely! How long have you known Barb and her family? Where will she be living now? is her hubby facing deployment any time soon? (I sure hope not)!