Wednesday, March 14, 2007

My Caribbean Experience





What can I say? I left the freezing temperatures of a very snowy Rockford, and ended up on the beach of a private island in the Bahamas. It was great! Needless to say, it was my first cruise......I am extremely grateful to my cousins for needing me! I had a wonderful time with the girls, who were pretty well-behaved for "Mel-Mel". The week was so full.......I don't think I could describe everything. The ship itself was beautiful, and I didn't get seasick, which was a blessing. The crew was so friendly. They left us towel creations on our beds- and chocolates! The food was excellent- we could eat all day long if we wanted to. Dinner was my favorite. Steak, salmon, lobster- I even ate snails! (and I liked them!) Our waiter, Marlin, was wonderful.

The islands were fabulous! We went to Freeport first and visited the straw market. Next was Nassau, which was beautiful. We went to the Atlantis Hotel and had the whole tourist experience. Then on to Half Moon Cay, where we sat on the beach and watched the water for a long time!



Overall it was a wonderful experience. I think it was so enjoyable because of the fact that it was a Christian cruise. Everyone was so friendly and the whole atmosphere was fun and safe. It was busy, yet r
efreshing, and I loved spending time with my cousins!

No comments: