Monday, July 23, 2007

A Visitor from Afar

My college friend Janna was in Chicago a couple of weeks ago. I hadn't seen her in 4 years, so it was nice to be able to have a short visit. She lives on the island of Guam with her husband Jay. This is the first time I had met him. I picked them up at the airport- we were there for a long time at the baggage claim, until we found out their luggage was not in Chicago. So we went to the apartment where they were staying. That also took a lot of time because we couldn't find it- even though the expedia map said it was only 8 miles from the airport. Whatever.........we finally found it, and then jumped on the Metra to go downtown and have dinner. We went to Foodlife and walked down Michigan Ave for a little while. We also experienced a scary taxi ride- I don't think I'll ever do that again. Janna grabbed my hand because the driver was going so fast! Being in Chicago traffic was a little scary for the island couple! I think Jay was scared of my driving- he kept making comments from the back seat!
Anyway, we had fun. It was nice to talk about college days and life since then. Pictures are fun too! In college Janna was a blond, so the dark hair really threw me off at first. Jay insisted that I take a picture with him- Janna says he is such a politician!






No comments: