Monday, January 29, 2007

28

No, it's not my favorite number- it's just how old I am now. Happy, happy Birthday me!

Just f.y.i.- you can still have birthday parties when you are 28. I might continue on having them at least until I'm 30. Perhaps when you stop having parties is when you really get old. I don't know. But I love my friends- all of them. We had a lovely party after church last night with tasty food and birthday apple crisp- thank you, Karyn. It was sooooo goood!!!!!! I got lots of fascinating birthday cards. Barbie, flipflops, a monkey with a snotty nose......oh, and we can't forget the "studfinder" card.....courtesy of my brother who once again was reminding me that I am still single. Whatever.... he did get me a good gift so I'll let it go this time. Yes, I even got presents- all kinds of nice things, including an 8x10 black and white picture of MacGyver to hang in our t.v. room.....I'm telling you, what more can you ask for? Oh yes, the phone call from Henry complete with the birthday song. It almost brought me to tears. His wasn't the only phone call- family from North Carolina called as well as my little Zavier, who also sang to me and promptly asked me to come over and have ice cream with him! If only I could zip out to Oregon for a bowl of ice cream with the little man!
Hopefully you get the picture that I had a great day. I even ate dinner at Outback with my family- and stuffed myself with the Chocolate Thunder from Down Under!

Thanks to everyone who helped me have a lovely number 28!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, 30 is not old. Happy Birthday, Mel.

Anonymous said...

its me again, I bet the MacGyver poster is cool, up there next to CAPTAIN Jack Sparrow.